Paperwork for selling a house

Paperwork for selling a house

If you’re selling a house for the first time (or heck… even for the second or third time), then you’re probably wondering what paperwork is required to sell your home.

That’s a common question we get at INW properties, where we’ve worked for many years in Spokane buying and selling real estate. 

And since we’ve got a good bit of experience, we thought we’d help. 

Here is the main paperwork you’ll need to worry about when selling your home. 


Home Appraisal (from when you purchased the home)

Mortgage and Financing Documents


Original Sales Contract (from when you purchased the home)

Property Survey (if applicable)

Certificate of Occupancy (if applicable)

Tax Records

HOA Documents (if applicable)


Listing Agreement (if using a real estate agent)

Market Analysis & Marketing Materials (often done by real estate agent)

Easement Agreements (if applicable)

Statutory Disclosure Forms


Purchase Offer (made by potential buyer and/or their real estate agent)

Final Purchase & Sale Agreement (when offer is accepted)

Affidavit of Title

Transfer Tax Declarations

Estimated Closing Statement


 Deed To Home

Release of Mortgage Lien

Title Report

Title Insurance

Warranty & Maintenance Receipts

Bill of Sale

We know that’s a lot of paperwork… but selling a home isn’t a walk in the park — there are a lot of moving parts to keep in mind. 

You can get more details on each document by searching in Google. 

And if you want to skip the hassle of selling your home the traditional way, give us a call at 509-828-4270 and we’ll make you a fair cash offer!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email